April 19, 2016
Increase tool life by up to 30% with our 5-flute advanced performance end mill – the Fantom 2.0! The Fantom 2.0 is one of our most stable, robust cutters that allows for heavier chip loads in Steels, Stainless Steels, Super Alloys and Titanium.
Its enhanced edge strength increases productivity and lowers cost per part.
The Fantom 2.0 End Mill is great to use in the following industries:
- Heavy Equipment
- Mold & Die
- Power Generation
- Small Engine
Want more information about the Fantom 2.0 End Mill or any of our other products? Contact General Cutting Tools for more information.
December 28, 2015
Trust the routing tool that lasts longer and delivers a better finish.
When faced with routing Falcon Board®, BioBoard™ or other challenging graphic display board material, nothing else performs like the 66-400 Series Solid Carbide Compression from Onsrud.
Onsrud cutting tool dealer in Chicago.
Introducing the Newest Solid Carbide Cardboard Honeycomb Compression Routing Tool
Optimized Cutting Edge Pattern for Shearing Cardboard Honeycomb Core
Compression Style Flute Configuration for Optimal Finish
Innovative Coating for Cutting Edge Protection
TRUST THE CARDBOARD ROUTING TOOL
THAT LASTS LONGER AND DELIVERS A BETTER FINISH
If you face challenges of routing Falcon Board®, BioBoard™ or other similar materials used for graphic display boards, you should be using the 66-400 Series Solid Carbide Compression from Onsrud.
|Part Number||Cutting Dia||LOC||UpCut LOC||Shank||OAL||Flutes|
General Cutting Tools is your complete LMT Onsrud distributor. Contact us for more information on the CARDBOARD HCC high performance router bits or on any other LMT Onsrud item.
December 11, 2015
December 1, 2015
November 4, 2015
CUTS CLEAN HOLES. SHREDS COMPETITION.
RobbJack tool distributor Chicago
Solid PCD-Tipped W-Point Drill, designed specifically for Carbon Fiber Composites.
This powerful, newly developed tool had all the features needed to do the job right, including:
- A solid polycrystalline diamond tip that outperforms diamond coating in materials with high plastic content, maintaining its edge longer
- A sharp outer edge that cleanly shears the material without delamination, uncut fibers or fiber pullout
- An innovative W-point geometry that supports the material as it pierces through
- Tool life 25 times longer than traditional carbide drills in CFRP applications—and can be extended even further with re-sharpening
When drilling carbon fiber–reinforced polymer (CFRP) wing spars, an aircraft manufacturer struggled with poor quality cuts and expensive scrap until switching to RobbJack’s new Solid PCD W-Point drill.
Prized for its high rigidity and strength-to-weight ratio, CFRP is notoriously difficult to machine without delamination, uncut fibers and fiber pullout. One manufacturer was going through 25 carbide drills to make one ship set of wing spars, scrapping many very expensive parts along the way. The process was intolerably costly and unstable.
Then RobbJack took on the challenge.
- The RobbJack Solid PCD-tipped W-point was the only tool that could meet the manufacture’s exacting design and performance standards, cutting over 4000 clean holes in tolerance; other tools struggled to get 160 holes.
- It completely stabilized and streamlined a previously difficult and wasteful process—secondary operations were no longer required
- Just one PCD-tipped W-point bit was sufficient to make a complete ship set of wing spars—a process that previously had gone through 25 lesser drills
The RobbJack Solid PCD-Tipped W-Point consistently achieved clean, precise cuts. Plus, freed from the hassle and time of replacing worn drills, the manufacturer achieved increased capacity & throughput.
General Cutting Tools is a RobbJack Tool distributor. Contact us for more information on this RobbJack item or any other.
October 30, 2015
Somma Tool has created a bar puller and cut off too in one unit!!
This enables one operator to run several machines.
- Single wrench turn adjusts both gripping jaws
- Infinite size adjustment within the gripping range
- Quick change over adjustment to the next job
New modular design
- Allows easy mounting and removal in any wedge lock style turret
- Also allows mounting of the shank in any position (up to full turret depth) in the tool holder pocket
Saves a turret position
Rugged, compact dovetail slide construction
Reduces cycle time – no need to index between cut off and pulling operations
Single screw adjustment allows jaws to be set up and adjusted in minutes for next job
One turn of screw moves both jaws in or out exactly .100″
Screw adjustment is infinitely adjustable as opposed to serrated design that had adjustment limitations
Jaw carriers can also be individually adjusted to simplify centering with cut off blade
Will accept all popular brands of insert style cut off blades, which are sold separately
Designed to accept competitiors’ jaws and jaw fingers
Comes in 3/4″ and 1″ square shanks, standard
Also available with 1-1/4″ and metric square shanks – price on application
August 28, 2015
Stop losing time and money on dust clean-up. AirPRO Dust Extracting Nut from Techniks removes virtually all dust from nested cutting operations. Simply replace your collet nut with the AirPRO. Collet and toolholder sold separately.
- Greatly reduces airborne dust and dust on the floor
- Cleaner workpiece and safer work environment
- Ese with ER32, ER40 or SYOZ25 collet chucks
Problem: dust left behind after processing.
Dust removal can become a time-consuming health and safety problem if the dust extraction on your CNC router is inadequate. The new AirPRO from Techniks removes dust from nested cutting operations so it never has a chance to accumulate. Sawdust is ventilated directly into the CNC dust collection hood by the AirPRO, leaving a cleaner cut and clean air behind.
NOTE: AirPRO must be used with on-size precision ER collets and tightened to torque specifications (above) using a tightening stand, torque wrench and proper adapter or warranty becomes invalid.
General Cutting Tools is a complete Techniks tooling distributor. Contact us for more information on the AirPRO nuts or any other Techniks item.
Techniks AirPRO Dust Control Extraction Nut in ACTION!!
General Cutting Tools is a complete Techniks tooling distributor. Contact us for more information on the AirPRO nuts or any other Techniks tool.
July 27, 2015
July 20, 2015
CNC End Mill Sharpening
Send us your tools for sharpening and we will send you a quotation before proceeding.
You have little to risk and much to gain with us.
We use ANCA CNC tool cutter grinders to sharpen High Speed Steel (HSS), Cobalt, Carbide Tipped and Solid Carbide tooling.
- Carbide End Mill sharpening
- High Speed Steel (HSS) End Mill sharpening
- Cobalt M42 End Mill Sharpening
- Carbide Tipped End Mill Shapening
- Roughing End Mill Sharpening
- Damaged End Mill repair